Routine building maintenance is necessary in order to prevent larger issues from arising. You can catch any potential problems and solve them before they become harder to address, thus saving you not only time, but also repair costs. It also helps reduce emergency work orders and replacement needs for equipment.
Building maintenance checklist
Add these routine maintenance tasks to your list to get you started.
Here are tasks you should do regularly throughout the year.
- Check for broken windows, doors or railings.
- Check and replace batteries of smoke and carbon monoxide detectors.
- Replace HVAC filters.
- Test the fire alarm and sprinkler systems.
- Check for loose wires or fixtures that can be electrical hazards.
- Have the fire extinguishers inspected.
- Inspect locks, latches and hinges of doors.
- Check for pest infestation.
- Check the property for signs of leaking.
- Replace light bulbs and ensure there’s proper illumination in the hallways.
Spring building maintenance checklist
- Clean the HVAC ducts and remove dust buildup.
- Ensure AC units are working properly.
- Trim trees and shrubs and prepare for landscaping.
Summer building maintenance checklist
- Clear debris from the roof, drains and gutters.
- Clean the roof and the building grounds.
- Walk around the perimeter and check the status of the wall paint.
- Inspect the condition of the paint on the parking grounds as well as the signages around the property.
- Make sure the trash and recycling area is in good condition.
Fall building maintenance checklist
- Rake and remove fallen leaves and thatch on the lawn.
- Inspect the furnace or boiler and do repairs if necessary.
- Inspect the plumbing for leaks.
- Seal cracks on the pavement.
- Prepare the driveways for winter and add warning signages especially in accident-prone areas.
Winter building maintenance checklist
- Check the roof for ice dams.
- Check the interiors for maintenance issues, especially the kitchens and common areas.
- Ensure that the electrical wirings are in good condition.
Contact us for high-standard building services!
Pirotta Services Commercial specialises in various commercial building and property services in Melbourne, including handling of building maintenance contracts, preventative building maintenance and property and asset rehabilitation. For the past three decades, Our team of commercial builders in Melbourne has been delivering a high standard of quality and uncompromising focus on project delivery.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, we have also put certain measures in place to guarantee the health and safety of our staff.
To find out more about how we can provide you with our building services, call us on (03) 9363 6176 today.