Construction is progressing and we are still working – But COVID-19?
The response of many of our customers to construction progress during COVID-19 is “But……Covid?? Which is understandable. But, rest assured construction is still happening. We are still providing construction, property and building services.
We are still here
We’re still doing business
Our staff are still working
We have adopted the precautionary measures outlined by the Department of Health (https://www.health.gov.au/sites/default/files/documents/2020/03/coronavirus-covid-19-frequently-asked-questions.pdf ) and are doing everything required to look after our staff and contractors and prevent the spread of COVID-19.
We have taken the project management part of each project into an online format so where possible, staff are working from home. Construction staff are onsite but with strict guidelines to protect their health and well-being.
Pirotta Services Commercial have put the following processes into place in response to COVID-19:
- We have a Coronavirus declaration form that must be completed by all employees prior to entering any of our sites or premises and forwarded back to our company’s Project Manager.
- All our consultants, contractors and staff on projects have a copy of our COVID-19 Project Meeting Management Plan which outlines the process of interaction required by staff to prevent the spread of Coronavirus.
- We have circulated an extensive Pandemic Management Plan which applies to all Pirotta Services Commercial staff and contractors working in our offices and worksites.
- We have provided all staff with safety notices with information on how to best look after their health.
- We also have notices on all our construction sites asking people for their cooperation in declaring any signs of illness before they enter the site.
Now might be the best time to start your construction project, find out how.
The Government has increased the instant asset write-off (IAWO) threshold from $30,000 to $150,000 https://treasury.gov.au/sites/default/files/2020-03/Fact_sheet-Support_for_business_investment.pdf until 30 June 2020. There are conditions outlining the eligibility and timing of this incentive and how it can be applied to a building and construction project.
Give us a call on (03) 9363 6176 and we will advise you on how this could apply to your upcoming commercial building and construction project.