Melbourne Health required new internal offices, relocation of their waiting area. and a new fitout of their new Cardio Catheter Lab in the cardiology ward of The Royal Melbourne hospital. The lab was constructed within a “live” cardiology ward and next to the existing operation cardio catheter lab. We constructed and installed the following:
- Overhead structural steel for the support of a Toshiba C arm and X ray machine
- Underfloor structural steel work for the support of a Toshiba C arm and extra machine
- Cut concrete slab penetrations
- Lead lined walls and glass viewing windows and doors to fit an awkward layout
- Acoustic panels and lining to UPS room
The project also involved the co-ordination of trade works such as medical gases, electrical and communications equipment, mechanical services, fire Services, flooring and wall finishes as well as the co-ordination of the Toshiba medical equipment.