PSC were the successful tenderers for this paving replacement project. The purpose of the project was to eliminate the potential tripping hazards and to upgrade the Institutes accessible areas to the current DDA Compliance. During the project, it was evident that the existing stormwater drainage required upgrading due to the replacement of the semi permeable areas. PSC assisted with the design and engineering of the new stormwater drainage and levels with the appointed architects, Plico Design Studios and SAP Consulting. Most of the works were completed during the schools holidays, other areas required to be completed during a live teaching environment. PSC were able to maintain access to all buildings during the construction to ensure that the schools facilities remained open and safe for all BKI patrons.
- The entire project included the removal of approximately 92,000 brick pavers and laying of over 300 cubic metres of coloured concrete equating to nearly 3,000m2.
- The projects consisted of 3 stages, each being awarded to PSC
- All 190 tonne of brick pavers were sent off for recycling
- PSC provided assistance with the design and constructed the extensive drainage works of new pits and architectural designed landscaping.
- Installation of all new Ramps and handrails to conform to AS1428.1 for DDA Compliance